In my last post, I shared how to identify that you may be experiencing chronic inflammation. When left unattended to it can exacerbate symptoms creating an extremely uncomfortable experience in your body making it difficult to live your everyday life.
Remember inflammation is necessary and a natural sign that your immune system is working, however, when it turns into chronic inflammation it can lead to serious health concerns such as heart disease, periodontitis (inflamed gums), cancer, ulcerative colitis, asthma, depression and more.
1. Celery juice: This healing tonic has made the media thanks to Medical Medium sharing his followers' testimonies and insight into this healing herb - YES celery is actually an herb, not a vegetable! As Anthony explains, celery contains sodium cluster salts which are a subgroup of sodium that helps kill various pathogens and diffuse the charge of toxic heavy metals in the body. It’s recommended to drink 16 ounces of fresh organic celery juice on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
2. Warm Lemon Water: 30 minutes before drinking your celery juice or later in the day, this beverage helps improve digestion, reduce acidity and inflammation, as well as improve liver function. When I was in school my one teacher said if we were ever questioning an answer to guess liver because it processes and does so much to create balance in our body! Warm 8-12 ounces of water and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon. Make sure not to leave the rind in water as that can increase acidity rather than decrease which is the goal.
3. Breathwork: This is your go-to best friend to help your entire system downshift gears and move into a healing state rather than a survival state. When you intentionally take slow, deep breaths when you feel your body in a heightened state (constricted/tight muscles, increased heart rate, shortened breath, scattered thoughts) you send a signal to your brain that you are OKAY and your body can begin relaxing. Our sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight) and parasympathetic nervous system (rest, digest, & heal) can not be active at the same time. Take 10 minutes in the morning, while you are commuting, standing in line, cooking, eating, or before bed to focus on your breath and gift your body this moment to relax and divert resources to healing.
4. Water: I couldn’t write this article and not say something about water. When your body is inflamed and working overtime to heal, water is helping clear debris and toxins out so it doesn’t hang around and fester. For peace of mind that you are drinking safe water that’s not full of metals check out Berkey water filters or something similar!
5. Anti-Inflammatory Foods: As the name hints at these are foods that contain properties that help fight and reduce inflammation in the body. They typically contain higher levels of antioxidants which help fight free-radicals in the body that are known for causing oxidative stress and lead to inflammation. Great foods to add more of into your diet include: flax seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, sardines, anchovies, wild-caught salmon, blueberries, strawberries, goji berries, raspberries, red cabbage, beans and legumes, beets, spinach, and yassss dark chocolate (70% cacao or higher).
For the additional 6 ways check out the rest of the blog on j'adore detroit here!
Always rooting for you,
Join the list to receive the latest posts to read as you sip over your morning green juice or organic coffee!
You can expect to hear from us biweekly and we promise you're information will not be shared.